Monday, August 10, 2015

Time in Chatty-Kathy coming to a close.

2 Nephi 31 is a sweet chapter in general. One of our mission Vision Statements is 2 Nephi 31:13. It's the chapter we give to investigators to read and it includes the basics like you said. Have faith, repent, get baptized, recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end. Either they don't understand English very well when we give this to them, or they get the picture and our purpose. (If they understand, they either drop us or continue lessons so its a nice statement.)

My companion, Elder Willombe is from Zambia. He thinks and envisions himself as a black American. He is really funny and gets most of my jokes so thats nice. He's been on his mission for 15 months and I am his first junior companion. I have been really pushing him to work hard and it's taking him a little bit to take ownership and be "senior companion". 

I will most likely be leaving him however this coming week. That will mark 6 months in Chatsworth or Chatty-Kathy as we have called it (because Indians will talk your ear off).

I have a scripture for you guys, (I will use this space to do that because there is nothing happening in Chatsworth) 2 Timothy 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 

I used it to describe a member here...jokingly...but it kind of explains that we can accumulate knowledge, but it may not be wisdom until you apply it. If we don't apply it we are caught in a cycle of "ever learning" and never arriving to the knowledge of how to use it.

Hope all is well. I attempted to replace the 700 rands I spent into my account, but I couldn't, so I bought a new, nice watch for 400 rands. (on discount Mom.) It even shows me the date.

Also saw this little guy outside our car.

Love You guys!
Elder Preator





No comments:

Post a Comment