Monday, November 9, 2015

Hike to Mount Tibanchu

A few weeks ago you mentioned that a picture is worth a thousand words? I will take you up on that.

This saturday, we went and hiked Tibanchu Mt with the branch. It is the closest to home I've felt in a long time. On the way up, it seemed just like those from home. Pretty sweet. It took us two hours to get to the top, and someone carried the metal grate so we could start a fire on the top and cook meat. In Africa its called a Braai (Afrikaans). But, we all brought meat, and the first counselor brought dough and made biscuits to eat with it. #AfricaPrettyGreat

I have been taking the cook book and really using it. I made a pizza, tator tot casserole, brownies, and banana bread. Tonight I am making pizza again. Some of the recipes need some work though, like the brownies didn't call for any sort of rising aid, so they were flat because I don't know things. It was only after asking Sister Roberts (from the senior couple )what went wrong that I found out. #icancookcanyou?

I also bought a South Africa Rugby jersey. We didn't take any pictures due to the devastating loss against New Zealand.

Love 
Elder Preator







1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Laura and my son is in South Africa Durban mission also. We have a Facebook page if your interested in joining.

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/790195944428926/

    ReplyDelete