Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Restoration is Fundamental

Hello Everyone,

We put several people on B-dates this week, and I believe all of them have the potential to follow through with it. This one man is from Zimbabwe, Bro Chinhara, and he understood the restoration SO well. We taught him and asked if he had any questions, and he said, "so you guys are saying that the priesthood was lost and now is back in your church? So my baptism wasn't ok in the eyes of God and I must pray to know that your church is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet right? And if I come to know that I should be baptized right?" We sat there awestruck, and then we gave him a date to work towards and he has the potential to be a VERY strong member and anchor in this branch. This other man Lindo, my comp gave him a date on exchanges so I wasnt there, but he called us the other day about coming to church. He says he will come on Sunday and he is always happy and looking forward to our messages. He also understands the restoration. We were totally blessed this past week because of all the success, and those who we were able to put on date, and finally see after the long holidays. Maybe some of that success came from my getting up on time that day? ;)

This is the last week of the transfer, and my last week of training! I figured out to save money, I can make pancake batter, keep it in the fridge, and then cook 1 or 2 pancakes and that keeps me going for like a week. Then I use eggs for everything else. Allowing me to spend around 300 for every two weeks.


I don't remember if i mentioned, but my comp and I teach piano lessons one or two times during the week. We teach Vincent usually, and then anyone else in the branch who is interested. They go pretty well, and Vincent will be playing in church on Sunday.

So my companion, Vincent and I were reading out of the doctrine and covenants institute manual, and it goes DEEP into Mormon Doctrine and the revelation of Joseph Smith. I learned all about the Sons of Perdition, and the Millennium last night. Makes me scared, almost.

For P-day last week we went on top of Moses Mabhida stadium and we took pictures of Durban. The view was breathtaking. And then later that day we went to the beach and walked in the sand. Everything is beautiful. (see pictures below)

I'm learning sign language now and I would write goodbye in it but that wouldn't work.

Love Elder Preator






No comments:

Post a Comment